Hey everyone!

I'm Chandler! I'm 20-year-old pre-dental hygiene student going into my third year of college! I love to workout and write so I'm combining my love of both into this blog. So in general it will be about getting fit, but I'll probably throw a little of my life in there as well! I hope you enjoy reading and feel free to contact me anytime, I love making new friends!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My New Favorite Thing

Two words, Green Smoothies. I know that green smoothies aren't new. People, including myself, have known about them for a while. But until I decided yesterday to try one I found on Pinterest (I am quite the avid pinner lately), I had no idea what deliciousness would greet my taste buds. The first one I tried was like a little taste of heaven. You can find the recipe to it below.

 http://iowagirleats.com/2012/01/04/my-top-secret-diet-weapon/
Thanks Iowa Girl Eats!

You can pretty much try as many combinations as you want! It's like Sonic..except with fruit and spinach. I tried one this morning with this combination:

1 Orange peeled and segmented
6 Large Strawberries
1/2 a Banana cut into chunks
2 cups of Spinach
1/3 a cup of Chobani 0% Vanilla Yogurt
1 cup of Ice

I thought it had a bit of a twang from the oranges, so if you aren't a big orange person I would only put about half an orange or substitute a different fruit for it, but overall I quite enjoyed it!

I was also looking around for information about greet smoothies and stumbled upon this girls Q&A about them and she had some really good information!

http://www.greenthickies.com/ultimate-green-smoothie-guide-part-1-guide-green-smoothies/
Thanks Green Thickies!

So if you are just getting started on your healthy diets or you've been drinking green smoothies for a while, there is always a chance you don't know everything about them and want to learn more!

So check that out and if you have a favorite smoothie recipe you want to share, comment it! I would love to be able to expand my green smoothie recipes! And of course I would love to hear from my readers and know how to make this blog better!

Happy reading! And happy workouts!                                                     -C







No comments:

Post a Comment